California Academy of Sciences
#STEINHART90 PHOTO CONTEST
WHAT IS THE CONTEST:
The #Steinhart90 Photo Contest (the “Contest”) is an opportunity for members of the public to help us celebrate the 90th Anniversary of Steinhart Aquarium. Contest is open world-wide except where prohibited by applicable law. Share your favorite Steinhart memories for a chance to win a behind-the-scenes tour and limited edition memorabilia! Enter your photos at http://bit.ly/steinhart90, or on Instagram with #Steinhart90. The entry with the most votes win.
The Contest begins at 12:01 am PST on September 16, 2013, and ends at 11:59 pm PST on October 6, 2013. Submissions may be made from September 16, to September 30. Voting will take place from October 1, through October 6. The Contest is subject to these official rules, which can be found at http://steinhart90.meltwaterrise.com/rules.
The Winner will receive the opportunity to go behind the scenes with an Academy expert to non-public areas of the Steinhart Aquarium, and will receive limited edition Steinhart Aquarium 90th Anniversary memorabilia.
The Winner will be announced on the Academy's Facebook page on October 7, 2013 and will be notified by email.
Chances of winning depend upon the number of entries submitted. The value of prizes to be awarded is less than $200.
Photographs may be submitted to the Contest via http://bit.ly/steinhart90 (the "Contest Website") from September 16, 2013 through September 30, 2013. Entrants may submit ten (10) entries per day. Entrants must be 13 years or older to participate.
Members of the public can access the Contest Website, and vote for their favorite photographs on the Contest Website between October 1, 2013 and October 6, 2013. Voters may vote only once during the duration of the Contest to select one Winner. Voters may not vote more than once, or for more than one entry. The photograph with the highest number of votes at the close of the Contest will be named the winner. In the event of a tie, the winning photograph will be selected by a panel of photography experts identified by the Academy, based on aesthetic value (60%), originality (25%) and technical proficiency (15%). All decisions of the judges are final.
The potential Winner will be required to respond in person or (as directed) to e-mail notification within 72 hours of attempted notification, and to execute a release confirming the originality of and ownership of all rights in the winning photograph. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case, the Academy may choose the photograph with the next highest number of votes to be the winning photograph.
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Log on to the Contest Website at http://bit.ly/steinhart90
2. From September 16 through September 30, 2013, post your photographs on the Contest Website, using the highest resolution possible of your photograph.
RULES REGARDING PHOTOGRAPHS:
• Limit of ten (10) photograph entries per person per day.
• Photographs must be digital and must not have been digitally altered.
• Photographs must be original and the submitting photographer must hold all rights in the photograph. Submitted photographs may not have been previously published.
• Photographers must have permission from any people whose faces are visible in their photographs and, if a photograph is selected as the winner, the photographer must submit a release form for any individuals pictured in the winning photograph.
• By submitting a photograph, the photographer grants to California Academy of Sciences the right to use and publish his or her photograph for any purpose and in any media, in perpetuity, including on the Academy website, in Academy promotional publications and advertising, and in Academy merchandise, including but not limited to posters, greeting cards, calendars and desk planners, without any further compensation. The photographer also grants to the Academy the right to crop the photographer’s photograph; and to use the photographer’s name and photograph in association with the photograph and/or the Contest.
• Photographers retain copyright in their photographs, subject to the rights granted above.
The Contest is subject to these Official Rules. By participating, Entrants agree: (i) to be bound by these complete Official Rules and the decisions of the Academy, which shall be final and binding; and (ii) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law. By accepting a prize, winners agree to release the Academy and its affiliated entities, together with their respective directors, employees, officers, licensees, licensors and agents, and respective advertising and promotion entities (collectively, the Releasees), from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of a prize or participation in any prize-related activities. The Academy reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest, in its sole discretion, should it receive fewer than 20 entries or due to circumstances beyond its control, including natural disasters. The Academy may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest in any way. Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Contest will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California.
OFFICIAL RULES: For a copy of these Official Rules or winners list, send your request in a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: California Academy of Sciences, #Steinhart90 Photo Contest, c/o Marketing Department, 55 Music Concourse Drive, San Francisco CA 94118. Request must be received by October 31, 2013. Rules are also available on-line at http://steinhart90.meltwaterrise.com/rules.